Friday, May 9, 2008

Life!

Life has continued to be very busy around here so I haven't had a chance to get on and blog.

My really good news is I advertised my business for the first time, for free on kijiji, I only advertised in one city so far, and 5 minutes after my ad was published, I had my first really big order!!! The coupons for BabyView go out next week as well so things are going to get even busier! This is awesome news because it means Allan will no longer have to work a second job, so he'll be home more often!!!

Yesterday my mother in law and I took Twister downtown to Little Italy to buy his Baptism outfit. It is absolutely adorable! It's handmade Italian silk and he's got little leather Gucci shoes to go with it. She purchased him a linen towel for after he is baptized to dry him off, it says My Baptism Day. It is really pretty. The Baptism is only a few weeks away, so I've been busy trying to get everything in my house organized and ready. I'll be heading on the train with the kids next week to visit my parents for 4 days, and then we have a wedding the weekend I am back, so there isn't much time left at all.

I've been thinking a lot about the friends that I have lately. I am really lucky to have a few loyal and true friends, I thank God for them every day. There are some that call themselves friends, but really are just aquaintances. These are the people that don't really care what is going on with my life unless I make a point of telling them...and even then, who knows if they really care. They don't ask how my kids are doing, they don't ask how I'm doing...they just don't ask anything unless I ask them first. The type of friends where you put in 100 and get 10. So lately, I've only been putting in 10 with these friends. It hurt at first because some that I thought were true friends, really aren't. But now that it's been a few weeks, I'm really much happier and less stressed out because of this. So for those of you that are my true friends, thank you!!! You know who you are!

Taking suit from my girlfriend, I am no longer going to be using my kid's names. I'm going to use nicknames instead. I'm going to go back now and edit all of my posts to reflect this.

2 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I am so so freakin' excited about the jump in your business!!! It is going to be wonderful to be able to have Allen back at home again. I can not wait to see twister's outfit. He is going to be so handsome! Let me know if you get to get the hat. I had fun talking to you yesterday. I wish we could have talked longer.:) Love ya

Cole said...

Thanks hun!

We aren't going to get the hat. :( We don't have the money and my Mom isn't going to be able to do it because she's paying for the photographer and other things for it. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world!

I can't wait to chat again tomorrow! LOVE YOU!!!