Monday, September 15, 2008

Why?

We have been dealing with a major situation in our lives for the past little while that really makes you question faith. It is so hard to believe when extremely difficult situations like this happen in life. It is so hard having your 5 year old look at you and question their faith for the first time. Not knowing how to respond because you are having the same questions makes it even more difficult. As a parent you are supposed to have the answers...or at least be able to pretend like you do or go find a suitable response. I just wish that I could wake up from this terrible nightmare, and that I could make these memories non-existent in my daughter's mind. I wish I could make it all go away. But I can't. All that I can do is be there to hold her and let her know that she is loved, that she is strong, and that we are very proud of her. Despite the numerous times I have done this each and every day, it still does not remotely feel like enough.

2 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

My heart goes out to you! I will talk to you tomorrow morning!

Little Mrs Sunshine said...

im so sorry hun :(

you are in my prayers. you will get through this and your faith will be stronger when it passes.

I'm sure you are doing just fine handling it with Kit Cat, and her faith will be stronger too.