Thursday, June 19, 2008

Frustration Sets In

Where on earth do I start! First, I am doing terrible at my goal of not biting my nails. Life hasn't been co-operating with me in order to have the ability to stop! Yes, that was an excuse.

Twister has just been an absolute terrible two child the past couple weeks. He is doing amazing with his communication, but he is just getting into absolutely everything! I feel like I'm constantly chasing after him and telling him "no". And I'm not one of those Mom's who sit there and let their kids amuse themselves. We are constantly doing something...he is just constantly doing things he's not supposed to be doing! I'm hoping this is a phase that will end soon. I never went through this with Kit Cat.

Kit Cat has been difficult on soccer nights, so we've implemented naps on the days she will have soccer. She is doing great with the naps, and it worked on Monday night at practice, but yesterday it did not work at all. She was not interested in playing at all. She wanted to watch, but was too tired, she said, to play. She has her tournament this weekend as well as team pictures, hopefully she will be co-operative for it.

We are adopting my Aunt's dog, Trooper. I think I may have mentioned this earlier, but if not, now you know! He was from an abused home, and she adopted him. The house she was living in sold, and she now has to move to an apartment and can't bring both of her dogs. Trooper, being a Yorkie, barks at noises, so it made her choice as to which dog easier to make. But still it is heartbreaking for her to have to get rid of one. The only person she could see having Trooper was us, and of course, we did not hesitate to say yes. I was going to be getting my Cocker Spaniel this summer, but instead I'm getting Trooper, a Yorkie. He's 2 years old. Today I was supposed to go with my girlfriend to pick him up, but she is sick and at the doctor's having some tests done on her eye and is not able to drive me. So, Allan is trying to figure something out as we have to go pick him up tonight. She's moving on Saturday. The saying goodbye process is going to be very difficult for her and she was all prepared for him to leave today. So it has to happen. Hopefully Allan calls soon with his solution to the problem and we will be off to pick him up tonight. It's a 4 hour drive there and back.

Allan went on my computer and went to unsafe sites, which I have told him not to do. So it is filled with trojans and viruses. The easiest thing for me to do is back everything up and reinstall Vista. So, that's what I've been doing for the past few days. The process is tedious, but does need to be done. I feel much better having all of my work stuff backed up now though. I just want my computer back!!!


2 comments:

Anne Elizabeth said...

I had fun talking to you today. I hope that you can go get the dog tonight. I so hear you on the terrible two behaviour!

Little Mrs Sunshine said...

OMG I want a yorkie! I love them! they are one of my fave kinds of dogs!

I can relate to those terrible 2's setting in. We finally got Emma to stop biting but not she is hitting, scratching, and pulling hair. I'm at a loss... Joey never did that. Glad to know I'm not alone, but sorry you are the one who has to be going through this with me!

Sorry about the aggravation with your computer. Dave and I have seperate computers but I use his sometimes. When he has computer problems he tries to blame it on me, and I say "then why is it my computer never breaks?" then he usually finds out later it was something he did (surprise!)

I hope things get less frustrating for you soon. Im here if you ever need to talk!